Anirban ChakrabartyHead of the Department
Campus AddressSonarpur Station Road, Kolkata - 700150 View map
The Department of Computer Applications was established in 2007 with an annual sanctioned intake of 60 students with the objective of producing high quality professionals to meet the demands of the field of Computer Applications. The department has highly qualified and motivated faculty members. All faculty are involved in research and technical paper publications in reputed national and international technical journals, The department regularly organizes conferences and workshops for students and academicians in the emerging technologies.
Vision & Mission
The MCA Department strives to develop competent and innovative software professionals fromdiverse backgrounds by imparting quality technical educationand research orientationto serve the society and ever changing industry.
- To enable the students to be knowledgeable and creative through state–of-the-art facilities and innovative teaching methodologies.
- To provide training programs that bridges the gap between academia and industry to produce competitive software professionals.
- To inculcate ethical values in students enabling them to become socially committed professionals.
- To enhance the research quality and productivity by providing required facilities and industry collaboration.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEOs)
PEO1 – Learn and apply computing and managerial principles to excel in professional career in the field of Computer Applications as an individual, as part of a team, and to deliver within constraint limits as a professional.
PEO2 – Analyze real world problems, design and develop innovative solutions for challenging software projects that are socially acceptable.
PEO3 – Exhibit professional ethics, cyber regulations and communication skills, engage in lifelong learning and to adapt emerging technologies and tools for developing innovative software solutions.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and computing principles appropriately to develop conceptual model for real world problems.
- An ability to identify and formulate problem definition for real world problems, analyze the literature of the domain and provide solutions using mathematics and computing.
- An ability to design, develop and assess a software system, process, component, or program of varying complexity as per needs of public and society.
- An ability to use research based knowledge to analyze and interpret data and synthesize information to provide valid conclusions.
- An ability to apply the computing and management principles for managing projects as an individual, as a member and as a leader in a team under multidisciplinary environments.
- An ability to understand, select, use and create modern tools and technologies necessary for computing practices.
- An ability to adapt professional ethics, principles of professional computing practices, cyber regulations and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively about computing activities in both verbal and written form with the computing community and with society.
- An ability to assess the local and global impact of software solutions on individuals, organizations and society.
- An ability to recognize the need and engage in self learning for continual development as a computing professional.
- An ability to perform effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary environments.
- An ability to adapt standardized software engineering practices with innovative ideas to succeed as an employee or entrepreneur.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO 1.: To inculcate ingraduate students the ability to analyze and interpret problems, make inferences from the resultingdata and apply technical skills to solve real time problems.
PSO 2:. Students should be able to apply modern practices and strategies in software project development usingopen-ended programming environments to deliver quality product for business success in context with societal needs.
PSO 3.To make graduates understand various professional, technical and ethical issues prevailing in the industry by creating a class environment congenial for generation of ideas, innovation and sharing.
Graduates of any discipline with Mathematics as a subject at graduation level from any recognized institute/university.
Candidates seeking admission to the institute are also required to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examination for Admission to Master of Computer Applications Course (JECA) in West Bengal.
Master of Computer Application (MCA) is a Post Graduate Programme, affiliated to WBUT and approved by AICTE. The three year programme is divided into six semesters. The first year covers the foundation and functional courses, while the second year covers the object oriented techniques and the final year is designed to deal with networks.
It is my great pleasure to welcome you to the MCA Department at FIEM, one of the top MCA colleges in Kolkata! Since its inception in the year 2007, the department has been one of the pioneers in the Institution. It is bestowed with an experienced and motivated team of faculty members, well equipped labs with the latest configurations, and supported by a state of the art central library. The Department operates towards the goal of providing innovative and quality education to achieve academic excellence, and provide a platform for students to achieve their career objectives.
Apart from the regular course curriculum, students are trained in soft skills, professional values and technical refresher courses to make them industry compatible. Students and faculty members are further motivated to organize and participate in seminars, workshops and diverse research activities. The department boasts of a strong alumni base spreading across companies like Amazon, Erricson, Accenture, Oracle, Cognizant Technologies, Wipro and Infosys, to name a few. A departmental alumni meet ‘FAMCAD’ is organized yearly in the month of February. The departmental newsletter ‘Commune’ is published annually to apprise its stakeholders about all departmental activities.
To know more about Masters in Computer Application CourseEnquire Now