Vision & Mission
- We equip students to assimilate best human professional and ethical values.
- The department has all these years encouraged students of all disciplines and subjects not only in their academic pursuit but also in furthering their career prospects and giving impetus to their creative potentiality
- To expand intellectual perspective, enhance entrepreneurship qualities and nurture sustainable development ideas.
- Develop technical and communicative skills to make the students industry ready.
- To inculcate ethical values and promote social responsibility through an innovative learning process in basic sciences and humanities.
- To provide students with soft skills and behavioral training programs in order to develop their overall personality and social consciousness
It is my pleasure to present the Department of Basic Sciences and Humanities, one of the oldest department in this institution. The Basic Science & Humanities comprise subjects that are fundamental for all branches of engineering and technology. The Department of Basic Science & Humanities develop a firm base for Engineering Education. The BSH department plays a vital role in teaching basic sciences courses as prescribed by the curriculum of the university in I, II , III & IV year of B.Tech, and MCA
The Department enhances knowledge in subjects like Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Physics, Engineering Chemistry, Environmental Science, English Language and Communication, principal management, Organisational behaviour, professional ethics etc. Committed Faculty and Staff members are the backbone of this department. In addition to the primary teaching duties, all of them are engaged in academic publications in National as well as International Journals of repute for professional enrichment.
The teaching module includes lectures, tutorials and practicals along with various other initiatives. Faculty members perform the role of a perfect facilitator as Mentor and guide to all section of students. The methodology adopted in classroom teaching is based on the application of accepted as well as innovative strategies, comprehensive lectures, regular assignments and active interaction between teachers and students. A well equipped departmental library is also helping students . A newsletter “Acuity” is published by the department regularly to enrich and update the views . Students are getting continuous help, training on body language, corporate behaviour, business communication .The department is encouraging students in creative and critical thinking.
The purpose of inclusion of Basic Science & Humanities in the study of Engineering is to build a solid foundation of basic concepts for developing knowledge, skills and opportunities. Therefore, the department acts as an active catalyst to blossom their hidden talent, personality and communication skills and to fulfill the needs of young engineers.
- Arunava Chakraborty
Dr. Jhumur Ghosh
Journal Publication: COMMUNITY RADIO: ITS PROSPECT AND ROLE AS A PARTICIPATORY COMMUNICATION MEDIA IN WEST BENGAL PANCHAYAT SYSTEM Global Media Journal – Indian Edition / SUMMER ISSUE, JUNE 2010, Vol. 1/ No. 1/ ISSN 2249 – 5835
Chemistry Lab 2
To know more about Bachelors of Technology in Computer Science & Technology CourseEnquire Now