Jyotirmoy GuptaHead of the Department
Campus AddressP/7/2098 Sonarpur Station Road, Kolkata - 700150 https://www.facebook.com/eiefiem View map
Vision & Mission
To develop the Department into a full-fledged centre of learning in various aspects of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering keeping in view the latest academic and industrial developments.
The Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering is committed
- To create knowledgeable and skilled persons in the domain of Electronics and Instrumentation by imparting knowledge on relevant engineering technologies with strong emphasis on fundamentals, through rigorous study of the curriculum that develops the ability to solve problems individually and in a team.
- To create professional leaders in society with research inclinations in the core areas of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering to impact quality of products required for industry.
- To create competent man power with deep awareness of ethics and environment for optimum development in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Our graduates have the ability to adapt contemporary technologies in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering to cater to the needs of the society.
- PEO2: Our graduates have the ability to apply the knowledge gained from modern design methodologies to address current technical issues.
- PEO3: Our graduates maintain high degree of ethics and standards while executing multidisciplinary engineering projects related to the application of electronics and instrumentation. They will also consider economic, environmental and social issues while executing such projects
Program Outcomes (POs):
To enable continuous program improvement, the Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering at FIEM utilizes an assessment, analysis, and feedback process described elsewhere in the report. A set of assessment instruments is used to demonstrate that the department’s graduates have the following program outcomes:
- Program Outcome 1: The graduates possess a breadth of knowledge in Electronics and Instrumentation engineering covering mathematics, science and engineering.
- Program Outcome 2: The graduates have the ability to apply the knowledge gained for problem identification and analysis.
- Program Outcome 3: The graduates are able to understand and formulate solutions of open-ended engineering design problems.
- Program Outcome 4: The graduates are prepared to conduct experimental work needed to substantiate theoretical developments and analyze complex electronics and instrumentation problems.
- Program Outcome 5: The graduates are literate in using computers for solving engineering problems including computation, data acquisition, control, programming, design, information retrieval, and graphics.
- Program Outcome 6: The graduates are aware of the role of engineers to society.
- Program Outcome 7: The graduates have the knowledge of environmental issues and are aware of their role.
- Program Outcome 8: The graduates are aware of global, societal, humanitarian, and contemporary issues in their broader sense including professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Program Outcome 9: The graduates are able to function within multidisciplinary teams to accomplish goals of interest to the collective group.
- Program Outcome 10: The graduates possess written and oral communication skills that will help them communicate their ideas effectively to their peers and the public.
- Program Outcome 11: The graduates are aware of the need of continuous self development and are prepared to engage in life-long learning.
- Program Outcome 12: The graduates have an understanding of engineering and management principles and can apply them in project works as a member or team leader.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
The student will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, calculus, statistics and electronics related to the Department of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering including relevant applications.
- Use process control, measurement, sensors, transducers, knowledge of telemetry, electronics, industrial instrumentation and power plant instrumentation.
- Understand environment oriented procedures that support delivery and management of electronic instruments.
Applications are invited from both male and female candidates, who have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) examination of the Council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal, or any equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University, as approved by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology. All the candidates seeking admission into the Institute are required to qualify the Joint Entrance Examination as conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board and recommended by the Central Selection Committee. Candidates qualifying in the JEE (Mains) as per regulations of the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal, can also apply for admission.
Syllabi, Examination and Evaluation Procedure
The syllabi of B. Tech. programmes, examination and evaluation of all theoretical, practical, sessional and seminar subjects will be as per academic regulations of the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology. Additional Management Inputs
Additional 150 Hours of MANAGEMENT EDUCATION input given free of charge to B. Tech. students. Training Activities
The Institute is actively involved in various corporate and in-house management training programmes, for the engineering students. Training for fresh engineers is also organised.
Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering department of FIEM is equipped with state-of-the-art labs. The proposed Laboratories are –
- Electrical Measurement & Instrumentation Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Industrial Instrumentation Lab
- Sensors and Transducers Lab
- Process Control Lab
- Advanced Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab
- Electronic Instrumentation and Measurement Lab
- Telemetry and Remote Control Lab
- Power Plant Instrumentation laboratory
- Instrumentation & Control Design Lab
- Project Lab
The graduates of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering can find employment in companies like ABB, Siemens, GE, BHEL, NTPC, NPC, Tata Power, Reliance Energy, Adani Power, Grid Corporation of India, Electrical utility companies at State and Central government level and other such companies. They can also join IT industries such as Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Cognizant etc. or pursue their post graduate level programmes in Instrumentation Engineering, Astronomical Instrumentation, Instrumentation and Control Systems, Industrial Automation, Electronics Designing and Technology, Process Control and Instrumentation, Embedded Systems, VLSI, Robotics, Electronics, and so on are the few probable higher study options opted by many of our alumni in various International and National Universities. Selection will be on the basis of the score in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). After completing the M.Tech. Students can opt for registration for the Ph.D. (Tech) programme. In different leading institutes like the National Institute of Technology (NIT) and the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). GRE (graduate record examination) is an entrance exam to get admissions in universities located at USA and other foreign University. To Know more and follow us on FB click here : https://www.facebook.com/eiefiem
The Department of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering came into effect along with the inception of the institution in the year 2002. The department focuses on grooming personnel having scientific and logical skills required for operating, troubleshooting and maintenance of various sophisticated instruments, thereby making them aware of the recent advances taking place in industrial automation. The department offers excellent academic environment, state of art laboratories under the guidance of a team of highly qualified faculty members to inspire the students to develop their technical skills. The department enjoys long standing relationships with industry, academia, and research organizations with an outlook to enhance knowledge, create passion for learning, foster innovation and nurture talents towards serving the society and the country. - Jyotirmoy Gupta
To know more about Bachelors of Technology in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering CourseEnquire Now