PRADIPTA KUMAR BANERJEEAssistant Professor
Campus AddressSonarpur Station Road, Kolkata - 700150 View map
Vision & Mission
To develop the department into a recognized research oriented center of learning in various fields of Electrical Engineering keeping in view of the latest academic and industrial developments in the area.
The department of Electrical Engineering is committed,
- to create the knowledgeable and skilled person in Electrical technologies with strong fundamentals, through state of the art teaching- learning process that develops the ability to solve problems individually and in a team.
- to create professional leaders in society with research attitudes in the core areas as well as interdisciplinary areasso as to impact quality of products required for industry and academics.
- to create competent man power with deep awareness of ethics and environment for sustainable development in Electrical Engineering.
State the Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO I. Our graduates will have emphasise on high degree of ethics and standards while executing multidisciplinary engineering projects oriented to the application of Electrical engineering for their higher studies and industrial applications.
PEO II. Our graduates will have the ability to adopt contemporary technologies in Electrical Engineering so as to cater to the needs of the society.
PEO III. Our graduates will have the ability to apply the knowledge gained from modern design methodologies to address current technical issues and also they will exhibit consideration of economics, environment and social issues while executing such technical issues.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Program Specific Outcomes for Electrical Engineering Program can be summarized as follows:
- PSO1: Ability to apply the knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamental for identifying and analyzing complex engineering problem and hence reaching to the substantiated conclusions.
- PSO2: To apply appropriate techniques for reaching to the solutions of complex engineering problems by designing, analyzing, predicting and interpreting data using modern engineering and IT tools and finally to communicate the observation through proper presentation and appropriate modelling.
- PSO3: To prepare students to work in the area of core and software engineering professionally, ethically and effectively in the team and engage in the life long learning in the context of changes in technology, environment, public health and safety
processing and telecommunications.
Applications are invited from both male and female candidates, who have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) examination of the Council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal, or any equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University, as approved by the West Bengal University of Technology.
All the candidates seeking admission into the Institute are required to qualify the Joint Entrance Examination as conducted by the W.B. Board of Examinations and recommended by the Central Selection Committee.
Candidates qualifying in the All India Entrance Examination as per regulations of the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal, can also apply for admission.
Syllabi, Examination and Evaluation Procedure
The syllabi of B. Tech. programmes, examination and evaluation of all theoretical, practical, sessional and seminar subjects will be as per academic regulations of the West Bengal University of Technology.
Additional Management Inputs
Additional 150 Hours of MANAGEMENTMENT EDUCATION input given free of charge to B. Tech. students.
The Institute is actively involved in various corporate and in-house management training programmes, for the engineering students. Training for fresh engineers is also organised.
The laboratories will be modernized to reflect the rapid changes in technology. It will develop advanced laboratories in the fields of Automation (PLC, SCADA), Drives, Motors and Switchgear. The proposed Laboratories are -
- Basic Electrical Lab
- Electric Circuit theory Lab
- Electrical Machine Lab
- Power System Lab
- Control System Lab
- Microprocessors and Micro-controller Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Embeded Systems Lab
- Electrical & Electronic Measurement Lab
- Electrical Drive Lab
- AI and Soft Computing Lab
- Digital Image Processing Lab
- Electrical System Design Lab
- Project Lab
- DBMS Lab
The graduates of Electrical Engineering can find employment in companies like ABB, Siemens, GE, BHEL, NTPC, NPC, Tata Power, Reliance Energy, Adani Power, Grid Corporation of India, Electrical utility companies at State and Central government level and other such companies. They can also join IT industries such as Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Cognizant etc. or pursue their Post-graduation education in different Universities in India.
Welcome. The department started with the inception of the college in the year 2002. The undergraduate program provides the students with a strong background in the various broad areas of Electrical Engineering, namely, Electrical Machines, Control Systems, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Drives, HVDC etc. A strong exposure to state-of- the-art technologies is further provided through elective courses that are carefully designed for the interested students. The department has a well-qualified team of faculty members, being assisted by a group of experienced technical staffs. The faculty members are led by examples and highly motivated to achieve excellence in research and development and publish their research in internationally peer reviewed journals and conferences. To augment the teaching, learning and research, department has very well established laboratories for under graduate programs, where students can experiment and test the electrical engineering concepts and perform projects on various state of the art technologies. Many of the final year project works of the students are presented in international conferences. Department also has laboratories in some specialized areas like Digital Image Processing, Embedded Systems, Data Base Management System etc. In the laboratories many of the state-of-the-art experimental set-ups (software /hardware) are used for teaching and research purpose. Some of these are PLC (made by GE Fanuc, Allen Bradley), IP camera, Elvis, XBee, LabView, Matlab, Pspice, Etap, Power world etc.
-Dr. Pradipta Banerjee
To know more about Bachelors of Technology in Electrical Engineering CourseEnquire Now