Vision & Mission
To build a strong learning and research environment in the field of Computer Science and Engineering that responds to the challenges of 21st century.
- To produce computer science graduates who, trained in design and implementation of computational systems through competitive curriculum and research in collaboration with industry and other organizations.
- To educate students in technology competencies by providing professionally committed faculty and staff.
- To inculcate strong ethical values, leadership abilities and research capabilities in the minds of students so as to work towards the progress of the society.
All the candidates seeking admission into the Institute are required to qualify the Joint Entrance Examination as conducted by the W.B. Board of Examinations and recommended by the Central Selection Committee.
B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: Pursue a successful career in the field of Computer Science & Engineering or a related field utilizing his/her education and contribute to the profession as an excellent employee, or as an entrepreneur.
PEO2: Be aware of the developments in the field of Computer Science & Engineering; continuously enhance their knowledge informally or by pursuing graduate studies.
PEO3: Be able to work effectively in multidisciplinary environments and be responsible members/leaders of their communities.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs):
A B.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering) graduate must demonstrate
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering as it applies to Computer Science & Engineering.
- An ability to identify, formulate, study, and analyze and solve complex computing problems.
- An ability to design a computer-based system, component, software or process to meet the desired needs.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, evaluate results and provide valid conclusions.
- An ability to use modern computing techniques, technologies and tools necessary for computing engineering practice.
- An ability to understand and assess the societal, legal and security issues related to the practice of computer science and engineering.
- An ability to understand the impact of computing solutions in an economic, environmental and societal context.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities in professional engineering practice.
- An ability to function effectively individually and in team, and in multi-disciplinary environment.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An understanding of the engineering and management principles required for project and finance management.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
Programme Specific Objectives (PSOs)
PSO1: Apply Software Engineering Principles and Practices to provide software solutions.
PSO2: Design and Develop Network, Mobile and Web based Computational systems under realistic constraints.
PSO3: Design efficient algorithms and develop effective code
Duration:4 years (8 semesters) – Full Time Degree
Affiliation:AICTE & MAKAUT
Approved By:AICTE - Apex body of Government of India
This is an exciting time for Computer Scientists and Engineers since the discipline is regarded as an essential source of tools and techniques for advancements in nearly all spheres of today’s dynamic technology-driven environment. This department has a plethora of young and energetic teaching talent. We, at Future, aim towards a goal of healthy teacher-student relationship. With the best of learning resources and lab infrastructure, we strive to provide a learning environment which is in sync with the rapidly changing industry. Apart from performing in academics we also motivate our students to take part in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. Our graduates are now some of the most sought after professionals in the IT industry spanning the terrains of Software Development, IT-based services, Telecom Operators and more. We are committed to deliver the best in education and prepare students for global challenges and foresight into a bigger, brighter future.
- Tapas Roy
Syllabi, Examination and Evaluation Procedure
The syllabi of B. Tech. programmes, examination and evaluation of all theoretical, practical, sessional and seminar subjects will be as per academic regulations of the West Bengal University of Technology.
Additional Management Inputs
Additional 150 Hours of MANAGEMENT EDUCATION input given free of charge to B. Tech. students.
The Institute is actively involved in various corporate and in-house management training programmes for the engineering students. Training for fresh engineers is also organised.
The department will be equipped with the following labs with 24×7 internet facility along with,
- Basic Computation and Principles of Computer programming Lab(C),
- Data Structure Lab
- Computer Organization Lab
- Software Tools Lab
- Computer Architecture Lab
- Design and Analysis of Algorithm Lab
- Microprocessors and Micro Controllers lab
- Programming practice with C++ Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab with JAVA
- Database Management Lab
- Operating System Lab
- Computer Networking Lab
- Internet Technology Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Soft computing/ AI /Image Processing Labs
- Design Lab
- Project Lab
The graduates of Computer Science and Engineering can find employment in IT companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Cognizant, etc. They can also appear for competitive examinations like UPSC Engineering Services and join the Government organizations like BSNL at higher posts. They can also join research organizations like C-DAC, TIFR or apply to different Universities in India and abroad for higher education.
To know more about Bachelors of Technology in Computer Science & Technology CourseEnquire Now